How Big Business and Big Government combine against the aam aadmi, the common man.
- Deny the British empire’s crimes? No, we ignore them | George Monbiot (guardian.co.uk)
- Evidence of Britain’s colonial crimes revealed, including orders to cover up further atrocities (boingboing.net)
- Secret colonial file on Barack Obama Sr. released by British (worldnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- 1857 – A Year in Hindsight (2ndlook.wordpress.com)
- Britain destroyed records of colonial crimes – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)
- National Archives release colonial papers – live blog (guardian.co.uk)
- Garvey’s Ghost: Black Talk: Britain destroyed records of colonial crimes (aboriginalpress.wordpress.com)
- 1857 – A Failed ‘Mutiny’? (2ndlook.wordpress.com)
- Indian Independence – Prison Logistics (2ndlook.wordpress.com)
- Death of Indian Shipbuilding (2ndlook.wordpress.com)
- British Raj – The Rewards of Collaboration (2ndlook.wordpress.com)
- Why India Is Democratic and Pakistan Is Not (3quarksdaily.com)
- A Series of Atrocities (lewrockwell.com)
- Famous Last Words (2ndlook.wordpress.com)
- Economic history of colonial rule (thehindu.com)
- Rag & Bone show: From Brit roots to Asia (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Beware the Vengeance of the Afghans (lewrockwell.com)
- Rewind TV: Empire; Melvyn Bragg on Class and Culture; Proud and Prejudiced; Make Bradford British; Upstairs Downstairs – review (guardian.co.uk)
- Indian History – Blind At Birth? (quicktake.wordpress.com)
- Saving Pakistan… and India? (3quarksdaily.com)
- ‘Ghosts of Empire,’ by Kwasi Kwarteng (nytimes.com)
Within 18 months of the start of the WW1, the British and the French had started discussing how to ‘dispose’ the territories of the Ottoman Empire. Of course, the people of the Middle East were not consulted – as they did not matter.
Demonising communism and now Islam. Without taking the responsibility for their own actions – and further interventions, creating further instability. Like the demonisation of the Jews before and the Red Indians after, this too is having disastrous effects – in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan.
King Leopold sold his ‘personal colonies’ to the Belgian state for GBP3.8 million. Finally, this massacre stopped only when the Belgians realised that there might not be people left for ‘forced’ labour.
The Belgian Government should be put up on Nuremberg type trial.
Another form of population control by the West!
Powered by ScribeFire.