Archive for September, 2012
September 30, 2012 Leave a comment
Election Rigging In YummRika: Tell me these stories are bunkum.
- Vote counting company tied to Romney (opednews.com)
September 23, 2012 Leave a comment
Probably the most, well-known arms traders. After Adnan Khashoggi.
- Russia to request US extradition of notorious arms dealer (jurist.org)
- Viktor Bout’s attorney pushes for retrial (english.ruvr.ru)
- Russian arms dealer gets below-guideline federal sentence of 25 years (sentencing.typepad.com)
- Russia submits Bout extradition papers to US (english.ruvr.ru)
- Viktor Bout’s first exclusive interview after transfer to Illinois prison (english.ruvr.ru)
- Viktor Bout’s legal battle takes Bangkok bounce (rt.com)
- Bout says ‘yes’ for Russia to ask US for extradition (rt.com)
- Viktor Bout associates exploited flaws in international law, UN study finds (guardian.co.uk)
September 20, 2012 2 comments
Western academia and media has little difficulty in justifying military invasions of countries like Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan – but see moral issues with India’s annexation of Kashmir.
- You: Kashmir Martyrs Day being observed today (nation.com.pk)
- Protests in Kashmir Turn Violent (india.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Hurriyat leadership castigates Farooq Abdullah’s statement (sananews.net)
- Good roads, railways vital for J&K: Omar Abdullah (news.in.msn.com)
- No change in Pakistan’s Kashmir stance: FO (nation.com.pk)
- Kashmir desperate for the return of tourists after two decades of violence (guardian.co.uk)
- Kashmir No Longer World’s Most Dangerous Place as Tourism Climbs… (bloomberg.com)
September 20, 2012 1 comment
In the last 60 years, the West has put a huge effort to ‘export’ their country-model of success. End result. Countries are converging towards a common problem set.
- Richest 400 Americans get richer (money.cnn.com)
- Rich getting richer: Richest 400 Americans’ net worth jumps 13% (theglobeandmail.com)
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg 10th On Forbes 400 Richest Americans List (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- You: 400 Richest Americans Net Worth Up (thedailybeast.com)
- The 10 Richest In Tech In USA (newscci.wordpress.com)
- Forbes ranks the 400 wealthiest people in the U.S. (cbsnews.com)
- U.S. billionaires’ net worth jumps 13 per cent: Forbes (vancouversun.com)
- Bill Gates remains richest American, Ellison No. 3; Zuckerberg’s net worth drops by half (mercurynews.com)
September 16, 2012 3 comments
By 1945, British imperial leadership had taken on air of defeatism and resignation – going by cartoons and documents of the era..
- India’s Future: Not leaders! Not Institutions! Then How Will India’s Future Emerge? (2ndlook.wordpress.com)
- Koenraad Elst: Singing Bhajans to British Gods to an Indian Audience or The Game Is Over (2ndlook.wordpress.com)
- ‘What if Gandhi had twitter to challenge the British Raj?’ (firstpost.com)
- How Jinnah was made Important; became Somebody & got Pakistan (2ndlook.wordpress.com)
- Dreams and Nightmares (oedeboyz.com)
- Why Schools, Hospitals, Political Parties don’t work in India. At least upto user expectations (2ndlook.wordpress.com)